GONZO my 1982 Freedom 25 sailboat

GONZO my Freedom 25 yacht:
This blog will document the continued restoration of my 1982 Freedom 25 sailboat, along with all the experiences I have. I purchased my F25 in the winter of 2009 from the 3rd owner who had the boat in NH. Gonzo has a composite rotating winged mast, yanmar inboard diesel, a Gun Mount spinnaker pole and staysail. This is my 1st cruising sailboat and I look forward to learning how to maintain and slowly restore and sail in Narraganset.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Test sail of Square top main sail F25 in RI

A new picture from a test sail this past weekend with a friends F25 testing a new square top mainsail. The sail was a lot of fun, we entered a local race to have some fun and enjoy the day and do some testing with mast rotation, and sail shape.

1 comment:

  1. Aloha, wow that sail looks quite good with the flat top!
    I owned the first Fredom 25 made back in '81. Bought it from Gary at the Newport boat show when it was not yet in production.
    I did lots of mainsail prototyping with both Haarstick and North Sails before we finally got a good racing main.
    I sure like to see some more pictures of your project and sailing the boat.
    There is an F-25 with a wingspar here in Hawaii that I keep looking at. The owner isn't realistic in his price at all as the boat is missing much, the gun mount and all of the hardware for it. Plus the decks need work along with much of the rest of the boat.
    Still it's a great pocket cruiser and can be very competitive in PHRF racing around 204 with the gun mount spinnaker.
    BTW, I found that by putting two take down patches on the spinnaker it comes dowm much faster and easier. Thread the takedown lin thru the lower holes and attach it to the upper. it then 'folds' the chute as it comes down and goes into the toilet seat and bag lots easier.

    Good luck with your project and I hope to convince the owner here to part with his at a reasonable price.
    Pictures are very welcome :-)

    Cheers
    Dave

    ReplyDelete