GONZO my 1982 Freedom 25 sailboat

GONZO my Freedom 25 yacht:
This blog will document the continued restoration of my 1982 Freedom 25 sailboat, along with all the experiences I have. I purchased my F25 in the winter of 2009 from the 3rd owner who had the boat in NH. Gonzo has a composite rotating winged mast, yanmar inboard diesel, a Gun Mount spinnaker pole and staysail. This is my 1st cruising sailboat and I look forward to learning how to maintain and slowly restore and sail in Narraganset.

Monday, February 6, 2012

water line bottom growth

These are a few pics of Gonzo when pulled at the end of the season after being in Mill Cove for the entire summer. I did 1 cleaning myself with a scrub pad, you can also see the water line on the boat is high.
one of the issues I had worked on was to move weight forward in the boat and to attempt to not have the boat sit stern down. I also did a bottom size strip and new coat, which did not include a seal coat.






as you can see in this pic from algae growth the water line was correct in the back but not in the front. You can also see the growth was minimal and no barnacles which is nice to see. a simple squirt with the hose and it all came right off.

1 comment:

  1. I'm curious why you wanted to move weight forward. You seemed to be saying the waterline was correct aft ("as you can see in this pic from algae growth the water line was correct in the back but not in the front.")

    25 sits low aft?

    ReplyDelete