GONZO my 1982 Freedom 25 sailboat

GONZO my Freedom 25 yacht:
This blog will document the continued restoration of my 1982 Freedom 25 sailboat, along with all the experiences I have. I purchased my F25 in the winter of 2009 from the 3rd owner who had the boat in NH. Gonzo has a composite rotating winged mast, yanmar inboard diesel, a Gun Mount spinnaker pole and staysail. This is my 1st cruising sailboat and I look forward to learning how to maintain and slowly restore and sail in Narraganset.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Yanmar 1GM control panel update

Below is a series of pictures showing my Yanmar 1GM control panel replacement. When I got my Freedom 25 the control panel corners were all broken, and many parts did not work. I was able to purchase a new plastic panel, and source new upgraded switches and wiring.
 Finished product: all the warning lights and buzzers work. Toggle is upgraded military grade with rubber boot
Back side of sold control panel: notice the corners all broken, and the wiring layout is a mess, including the wires going to light bulbs are pulling the bulbs out of the sockets, and the toggle is rusted and faulty
Back side of the Tach: no major issues just some paint touch up cleaning of pins in connector
Entire control harness and bits: Buzzer, Start button, Key swich, all warning lights, plugs and switches.

Back side of old empty panel:

Front side of old empty panel

Toggle back side

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Thank you! I found some more on this website: www.nauticexpo.com/boat-manufacturer/control-panel-18724.html

    ReplyDelete